Web Content Editor Role
The DSU Departmental Web Content Editor is a new role created on campus to make it easier and faster for you to update your website. You’ll be able to make sure everything is always up to date and has the information your users are looking for; Web Services will be here to help you make it look great and build any special features you need.
- Keep all dates, documents, policies, contact info, staff pages etc, UP TO DATE & ACCURATE.
- Provide content that users are looking for (this will vary by department)
- Post a clear mission statement so visitors know what services your department provides
- Post clear & correct contact information for your department
- Maintain a staff page with your department’s current staff.
- If you have events, maintain a google calendar or send them to the master calendar. The web team can help you set up your site to display events from your calendar.
- If you are leaving DSU or transferring departments, you MUST notify web services. If possible, notify us of who will be assuming your role as Web Custodian.
Web Custodian Training
You’ll have access to our training modules and site documentation, so you can understand how your web pages are generated, and how to make them look great! You’ll have a web intern or part-time web designer assigned to assist you with the website and answer any questions you have. You’ll only be responsible for making sure the content is up to date and correct, the web team will handle any additional coding or designs.
Before gaining access (or to continue having access) you’ll attend a training covering the following topics:
- How to use WordPress
- What features you can add
- What things web interns or web services can do for you
- Where to find our site documentation and resources
- Data Security Guidelines
After the training, you will sign a contract, asserting that you understand the rules and your responsibilities. It is also critical you inform us if you’re leaving your department and/or will no longer serve as Departmental Web Content Editor; each department MUST have a Departmental Web Content Editor at all times.